You can send us inspiriting messages or testimonies to share among our readers...
Most of the messages are collected from various spiritual e-articles, books and religious sites.
ďRemember the poor.Ē
Healing is one of Godís Benefits
By Dr. Dale A. Robbins
A story is told of a young Irishman who once sought to purchase a boat fare to America, where he hoped to immigrate. From his years of savings, he discovered that he had sufficient to pay the fare, but not enough to pay for his meals aboard the ship. However, determined to seek the opportunity for a new life, he booked his passage and managed to scrape a few cents together for a meager bag of cheese and stale bread to carry him through his long journey.
One evening during the first two weeks at sea, the Captain was walking the deck when he noticed the Irishman sitting near the bow eating his cheese and bread.
"Why arenít you in the galley eating supper with the other passengers?" asked the Captain. The Irishman replied, "I regret sir that I only had sufficient funds to buy passage, but not enough to pay for meals." The Captain looked at him curiously and said, "Son, didnít you know that when you bought your ticket that your meals were included with your fare?"
Just as the Irishman didnít realize that his meals were a benefit paid for in the price of his ticket, many Christians are unaware that Christís atonement on the cross paid for other benefits besides eternal life. The psalmist said, "Donít forget all the Lordís benefits! He forgives all your sins, and also heals all your diseases!" (Psalm 103:2-3).
Five Steps to Receive Healing from God
(1) Submit yourself to God ó As much as it is Godís will and desire to heal, such things as unconfessed sin, disobedience, unbelief, or unforgiveness toward others can hinder your reception of healing, and in some instances, could actually be the original cause of your illness. Any affliction should be a time for self-examination, to come before the Lord in humility, surrendering yourself and drawing near to Him. James wrote, "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:7-10).
(2) Look to Godís Word ó Read and meditate continuously upon the healing promises in the Bible. As you let them absorb into your inner man, it will bring a great sense of assurance. This is the confidence of faith that comes as you open your heart to the Word of God (Rom 10:17). "My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh" (Proverbs 4:20-22). How important it is that we focus upon Godís Word, as this is the source of His healing power. "He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions" (Psalms 107:20).
(3) Pray in Faith ó Place your faith in the finished work of Christís sufferings in behalf of your sickness or disease. Christ has already paid for your healing and has placed it into effect, making it available to you. Now itís up to you to accept His finished work by faith. "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them" (Mark 11:24).
(4) Call for Church Elders ó Request for the elders or ministers of the church to anoint you with oil and pray the prayer of faith over you. The Bible says, "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven" (James 5:14-15). Notice that it says the prayer of faith SHALL SAVE THE SICK! Ask the elders and other believers to lay hands on you and pray. "...they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover" (Mark 16:18). Again, notice that it says THEY WILL RECOVER!
(5) Keep Believing ó Donít stop praying and believing! This is the most common reason why some people donít receive healing. They get discouraged and give up their faith. Most would prefer to have instantaneous healing, but most healings occur gradually over time. Be patient and be steadfast in your faith. Keep praising and thanking Him for your answer. God will be faithful to His Word, if you will be faithful to believe! "...Do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises" (Hebrews 6:12).
Jesus is my God who heals me
Loving Heavenly Father,
I believe that by Jesus wounds I am healed. Because of your great love and mercy for me, kindly heal me and glorify yourself dear Father.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Read & search online Holy Bible at http://www.shalomindia.com/bible.html
Today's Bible Verse
ďAs the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent itĒ (Isaiah 55:10, 11).
(c) 1998-2006 Shalomindia.com , Free to share all the message/articles through emails or non-commercial web sites..